Live Your Potential Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

...in with the New

When I wrote the next top success story, my intention was to encourage people to realize that they can be the next top success story if they choose to be. I simply wanted to share what I learned over the years, which is, that we have the potential to be, do and have anything.

Someone mention to me recently that "the government" was the reason why "poor people" remained poor. What I realized in hearing this statement is that some people have become accustomed to giving up their power. I have been on the self empowerment and spiritual path for quite some time and my circle of friends and acquaintances share my views. It seemed odd to hear a statement like that. For years, I have been actively working on myself, staying in the positive, being strong in my faith and helping others. The reality is that there are still many people who feel they have no power.

I have accomplished many things in my life because I made a choice to believe what I heard about human potential and then took action based on that belief.  Please realize that challenging yourself a little everyday will help you to see the great potential that exits within your life.

Now is the time to let go of the old way and focus on a new way!  As the saying goes, "out with the old and in with the new". Get rid of your old way of thinking, acting and doing!  Often times our thoughts, words and actions can limit us from accomplishing our goals.  I was speaking to someone who expressed that they were unhappy with a business relationship. She mentioned a request she made to someone and how she wasn't getting the response she wanted. I asked if maybe she could communicate her request in another way. She replied "Well, that's the say I speak and that's just the way I am!" Based on that reply, she will never get the response she is looking for.

If you want to get something different in life, you must do something different! Please realize that you were given the power to make choices. Choose to make the necessary changes that will give you the results you desire. You have the potential inside for success. When you start to live your life with that awareness, you will experience great things.

"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." -- Raymond Lindquist

"The harder you fight to hold on to specific assumptions, the more likely there's gold in letting go of them." -- John Seely Brown

"Being stuck is a position few of us like.  We want something new but cannot let go of the old - old ideas, beliefs, habits, even thoughts.  We are out of contact with our own genius.  Sometimes we know we are stuck; sometimes we don't.  In both cases we have to DO something." -- Rush Limbaugh

 Order your copy here 
You have the potential inside for success!
 Realize it! Believe it!
 Find out how to unleash it!

“The Next Top Success Story is an uplifting read, JoAnn Youngblood King teaches you how to feel good about being you and through practical exercises she shows you how to make others feel good about you too!”
Greg Reid,Author, Speaker, Filmmaker, The Millionaire Mentor, Positive Impact, Pass It On


No comments:

Post a Comment