Live Your Potential Blog

Friday, October 17, 2014

Goal Setting Activities, Part 3



Are you aware of and grateful for all the gifts you were given? As human beings, we all have the gift of using our imagination. Being able to explore our imagination is another very simple, action step you can take toward accomplishing your goals and dreams.   
 
There are many things in history that were only imagined and have now become a reality. You can simply talk on the phone while walking down the street or have a face to face meeting with someone in another part of the world, right from the comfort of your home.  Many years ago people would often say in response to someone stating a goal or a dream, "You have as much chance to do that as people have to walk on the moon." At that time, it was unheard of that someone would actually be able to walk on the moon. Who knows what kind of amazing ideas were stopped after hearing a comment like that.

When I was younger, I just thought of my imagination as something that was not here now, and that's it. I remember hearing comments like: "Oh, that's only in your imagination" or "that's some imagination you have there!" To me, my imagination was a silly, unrealistic thought. I definitely didn't get the message that what I imagined should be pursued or better yet, could be achieved. I’m so grateful that I now know different.

Please take time to explore your imagination!  Take some time to write about the type of life you imagine for yourself.  Just give some thought to how you can start making some of what you wrote down a reality.  Imagine the type of day or week you could have; how much money you will make or how your dream home will look.  Remember, what you imagine is possible!  So, with that said, imagine a successful life and go for it!
 
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment