Live Your Potential Blog

Thursday, March 2, 2017

We Succeed at Everything We ‘Do’

What have you succeeded at doing lately?

We all have different ways of how we define success for ourselves. The dictionary says success is the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors. Many years ago I learned that we all have the potential inside to be as successful as we want to be. That message has become my mantra. I have made it my mission to help others realize this point as well.

Most people are not aware of the wonderful potential they have within to be successful. Recently, I was speaking to a friend of mine about success and she said

"actually, we succeed at everything we do."

I thought that was an interesting idea about success. She was right! I have a goal that I've talked about accomplishing for a whole year. In my mind, I simply have not accomplished it yet.

The more I thought about it, I realized that I had succeeded at talking about and making people aware of my goal. I didn't take any specific action directly related with doing exactly what I intended to do.

The only action I took was talking about it! Wow!

I'm grateful that I am in the company of people who I can have uplifting conversations and positive talks about success with. You can be so easily taken off track while in pursuit of your dreams and goals. Thinking about and talking about your dreams and goals are definitely a first step.

However, to actually achieve them, you must take action. Taking action is the key to your success.

Many years ago, Jazz musician, Herbie Hancock mentioned on a television program,

"...as soon as people latch on to something where people will say hey that's really good, then they want to stay there because that's security, that's acceptance and they feel comfortable...they don't want to move outside of their comfort zone, but the hip stuff is outside of the comfort zone."

The life of your dreams, the "hip stuff" is waiting right outside of your comfort zone.

You can become very comfortable with thinking and talking about your goals. It's time to jump out of your comfort zone and take action to achieve your dreams and goals now!


JoAnn Youngblood King, CTA Certified Success Coach, Author, Speaker and Owner of Live Your Potential is a member of Coach Training Alliance, and The International Association of Coaches. She specializes in working with mom entrepreneurs to find the time needed to start their business or take their existing business to the next level. To reach your immediate goals get strategic steps by subscribing to her newsletter to the right. For ways of achieving goals with your faith, JoAnn's new book is released, Live Your Potential and Let Your Faith Lead You to Success available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment