Live Your Potential Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Do the Work



My son asked me recently if I thought it was possible for him to fly. I said, “Well, people fly every day in airplanes. What type of flying are you talking about?” He said “I just want to take off and fly just as I am.  You always say that anything is possible, if I believe, right?" “Yes, however, you must understand the principles of flying.”  He replied, "Why do I have to understand anything? I thought I could just believe I can.”

I said "There are rules and laws you must following if you want to be safe; there are things you must understand first.”  He said "Awww, why can't I just jump and fly if anything is possible? I knew you were going to say that." My son has a lot to learn about his part in the creative process. We all do. Anything is possible if you believe. However, your belief has to be unwavering and you must take action by doing the work that will enable you to see your desired result.   

I read a story recently about a woman who was named the first African American woman to hold a patent for a natural hair care product. What I found fascinating about the story was how she acquired her patent. When she realized that she couldn’t afford to hire a patent attorney, she didn’t let that stop her from her goal. She ended up going to the library and the patent and trademark office and taught herself patent law. In a little over a year, she received her patent! How wonderful!

She believed that she would get her patent and did the necessary work to make it so.   Have you ever been in a situation where you simply thought you couldn't do something you wanted to do?  I'm sure we all have. When you find yourself in that situation, you have two choices to make; Do nothing or Do the work necessary to achieve your goal.  Don't let anything stop you from your goals! Anything is possible if you believe.      

How many times have you or someone you know let not having enough money, time or whatever stop you or them from moving forward with their goals? Please realize that whatever you want to accomplish, it can be done. All it takes is deciding how much you want it and if you are willing to do the work. 

Remember, you have the potential inside for great success! Live Your Potential! 

“You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar 

“Nothing will work unless you do.” -- Maya Angelou



Join me for a dialogue on
Surrendering the Need to Control
Saturday, February 20, 2016
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM EST
Complete the form below
to receive the call-in details
 

* indicates required







JoAnn Youngblood King, CTA Certified Success Coach, Author, Speaker and Owner of Live Your Potential is a member of Coach Training Alliance, and The International Association of Coaches. She specializes in working with mom entrepreneurs to find the time needed to start their business or take their existing business to the next level. To reach your immediate goals get strategic steps by subscribing to her newsletter to the right. For ways of achieving goals with your faith, JoAnn's new book is released, Live Your Potential and Let Your Faith Lead You to Success available on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment